Recipe card for Black forest cake
Prep time 1 hour Serves 10
2 cups plain flour/Maida/All purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon bicarb soda/Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 tinned cherries, including juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 cups thickened cream
3 tbsp Sugar powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degree centigrade and also grease the butter and dust the flour to a cake tray.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer combine flour/maida, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarb soda/Baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence. Beat until well blended. Pour batter into prepared cake tins.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool tins on wire racks for 10 minutes. Loosen edges and remove cakes to racks to cool completely.
- Strain the cherries and keep juice aside and cut the cherries into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Now for making cream Combine whipping cream and sugar powder in a chilled medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer/stand mixer at high speed until it becomes thick.
- Now cut the top of the cake horizontally and crumble it and make a powder and cut the remaining cake horizontally twice so that you have 3 same size cakes with you.
- Place one cake layer on cake plate and put some cherry syrup on it and apply cream and spread cherries put one more cake and do the same for this layer and put one more cake and apply cream on it now take a pipeing bag and decorate the cake with your choice of designs and put cherries and for the sides apply cream and fix the crumbled cake mixture.